Photo Credit: Esquire
1. Spray Tan: When you are asked if you want a second coat, just say "no". Oompa Loompa orange is not pretty and we witnessed it on too many last night. Bradley Cooper, Matt LeBlanc, and Rob Lowe, I'm talking to you.
2. Accessories: Every lady will be sporting a sparkly headband on the red carpet this season and men will be sashaying down the press line with a Brad Pitt-inspired cane. Even an injury can be hot when you're shacking up with Angelina and your best friend is Clooney.
3. Please EAT, Julie Bowen:
This is Julie Bowen in 2012:
I ran into her about two weeks ago. It (her scrawny body) doesn't look pretty in person. Bones aren't beauty. Sorry, Hollywood.
4. Reese Witherspoon: I've called off the Baby Bump Watch. She's not pregnant.
5. Year of the Actress: I've seen just about everything this awards show season and I cannot think of a finer year with standout performances by women: Meryl Streep, Glenn Close, Viola Davis, Jessica Chastain, Michelle Williams, Octavia Spencer, and Tilda Swinton are proving you don't have to be 25 years old to get the juicy meaty roles in this town.
6. Ricky Gervais: He was funnier last year. Less snark makes Ricky a dull boy.
7. Sofia Vergara: I don't find her that funny on Modern Family with her non-stop yelling and yapping. She keeps on receiving nominations. I said her acting was one note. A pal reminded me her acting is "two note". Yes, kids, she's getting honored for her own Golden Globes. So, while I might find her acting over the top and not award worthy, her dress certainly merited a mention here.
8. Sarah Michelle Gellar: Um.......color is always good on the red carpet, just not like this:
Credit: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com
10. The Truth: If any of these red carpets during award show season make you feel bad about yourself, here is the truth. Fantasy: The first photo is of me on Thursday night with a spray tan plus an outfit assembled by a stylist, hair professionally done, and makeup courtesy of a makeup artist.
Reality: This is the REAL me and my pal Julie at our Golden Globes party in Detroit. Feel good about yourself, don't let the smoke and mirrors fool you.
What were your thoughts on last night's Golden Globes? Give me the scoop in the comments below.