Here are some guidelines:
1. It is not a red carpet event. So, I am looking for a dress that is simple, classic and understated. Think of a DVF wrap dress or a Jackie O. sheath. I am short (5'3"), so I want to show off my legs versus lots of cleavage (which I don't have anyway) to give the illusion of height. I love shoes, so I want to pick something hot and sassy from my shoe wardrobe. One note from last year, even though I want a dress to show off my legs, please no so-short-I-can-see-your-hoo-ha dresses. The Oscar Nominations are a very conservative event, so I'd like to keep it that way.
2. I will be working at 5AM PT that day. I want a dress that is easy, comfortable, and not fussy. I hate pulling and tugging at my dress because I feel self-conscious.
3. I like color. It looks great on camera and adds brightness to my face since my hair is currently light blonde. Please avoid red or crazy patterns because they have a tendency to moray on camera.
4. The budget is important. Let's keep the dress under $200 and it has to be available online in sizes 2 or 4.
Here are the two winners from 2011 and 2012:
For more information on the winning dresses from 2011 and 2012, click here and here.
2011: Dress by Banana Republic
2012: Dress by Aqua
Are you up for the challenge?
1. Find me a dress by Wednesday, January 2 at 11:59pm PST. It must be available online. So post the link in the comments below with your contact info.
2. The dress must be available in the U.S., but international contestants are welcome to join us for this contest.
3. Two finalists will be announced on Thursday, January 3 and the winner will be announced on Thursday, January 10.
4. Winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the store of their choice.
If you have any questions, post in the comments below. Otherwise, ready, get set, shop!
If you haven't entered my Holiday Giveaway, enter here. There are lots of fun items and it's so easy to enter.