I am actually going to leave emotion out of it as much as possible because no one wins on either side of the argument. Here are the facts:
1. The lead host for AfterBuzz TV books the guests, in most cases. The weeks I have been out of town, Suri has held down the fort and secured guests for us. I am working in Florida this week and Tony Dovolani kindly agreed to come on the show.
2. He is the ONLY pro who has come on twice very late in the season. Season 15, Week 6 and this week. The only other pro to come on while she was still on the show was Sharna Burgess during Season 16, Week 1. It is very difficult to come in the middle of their season, week 1 or week 9. We are grateful to anyone who takes the time out to appear on our show…but the extra effort late in the game is more than appreciated.
3. While many of you were upset, there were many who were happy to see our guests this week. Thank you for your kind words. We try to appeal to all sides of DWTS…and there are many sides as you all know.
4. I have a pretty thick skin, but others do not and some of your words really hurt them. It made me sad to see my friends and co-hosts feeling so down. We are a team…we rise and fall together. They all know I love them very much and they have my support.
5. We always take your comments into consideration for our show. However, if a pro becomes available mid-season while they are still competing, we want them on the show--no matter what.
You are welcome to leave comments here on my blog. I won't be able to comment on Twitter or other places since my work schedule is nuts this week. I hope you all understand.
Everyone will be back in studio and we will be working hard to deliver the best show possible to you for Week 10. See you all on Tuesday!