Red Carpet Closet because it is so much fun! I need help finding a dress for Oscar Nominations morning on January 16, 2014. It's early again this year and we are going to have to do this over the Christmas break. Remember though, the winner gets a $25 gift certificate to the store of their choice. For those of you that are new to this challenge, YOU get to chose the dress that I wear for a one of Hollywood's biggest events.
Here are some guidelines:
1. It is not a red carpet event. So, I am looking for a dress that is simple, classic and understated. Think of a DVF wrap dress or a Jackie O. sheath. I am short (5'3"), so I want to show off my legs versus lots of cleavage (which I don't have anyway) to give the illusion of height. I love shoes, so I want to pick something hot and sassy from my shoe wardrobe. One note: Even though I want a dress to show off my legs, please no so-short-I-can-see-your-hoo-ha dresses. The Oscar Nominations are a very conservative event, so I'd like to keep it that way.
2. I will be working at 5AM PT that day. I want a dress that is easy, comfortable, and not fussy. I hate pulling and tugging at my dress while I am working.
3. I like color. It looks great on camera and adds brightness to my face. Please avoid red or crazy patterns because they have a tendency to moray on camera. I've done blue and two purples, so maybe a green, pink or yellow this year?
4. The budget is important. Let's keep the dress under $250 and it has to be available online in sizes 2 or 4.
Here are the winners from 2011-2013 to give you an idea of what has won in the past:
For more information on the winning dresses from 2011-2013, click here, here and here.
2011: Dress by Banana Republic
2012: Dress by Aqua
2013: Dress by ModCloth
Are you up for the challenge?
1. Find me a dress by Monday, January 6 at 11:59 p.m. PST. It must be available online. So post the link in the comments below with your contact info.
2. The dress must be available in the U.S., but international contestants are welcome to join us for this contest.
3. Two finalists will be announced on Thursday, January 9 and the winner will be announced on Thursday, January 16.
4. Winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the store of their choice.
If you have any questions, post in the comments below. Ready, get set, shop!