We reached Friday rather quickly with the holiday smack dab in the middle of the week. My weekend will be filled with another visit to Disneyland (I know, I know!), a fun interview, and hitting the PopCon LA event at the Convention Center. Here are the Top 5 things I'm musing about this week:
1. Stella & Dot: They have been making a huge splash in Hollywood lately with a big PR push. I have seen their collections on countless celebrities in the last few months, so I was thrilled to see their Fall 2012 collection at the Fall 2012 Fashion & Accessories Preview. I cannot stop raving about cuffs lately, so I now have one of their new cuffs to add to my collection. The Lindsay Bangle in Turquoise is the exact splash of color you need to add to your summer wardrobe. It is hand-poured enamel with silver accents and a simple yet clean clover design. Take a look at their beautiful collections here.
2. Online Deals: It's been awhile since I talked about online shopping, but I got a great deal and I just had to share. I need to purchase Philosophy's Miracle Worker with SPF 55. On the Philosophy site, it is $57 with Free Shipping and 2.5% back from Ebates. I decided to see if Drugstore.com had the same product in inventory. They offered the same price with Free Shipping, a coupon for $5 off a $40 order from RetailMeNot.com, no sales tax and $3.67 off in Drugstore Dollars from a previous purchase. (They always give you 5% back to use on a future purchase.) My total? $48.33......but wait.....Ebates is going to give me 12% back! Final Total: 42.53! To join Ebates and get money back for your online purchases, click here. You won't be sorry.
3. PopCon LA: I will be hosting two Q&As with celebrities during this fun pop culture convention this weekend. If you are in the LA area, come join me at Noon for a screening of Nighthawks followed by a Q&A with the legendary Billy Dee Williams. Or, see the sci-fi cult classic, Blade Runner followed by a Q&A with James Hong beginning at 2PM. It's going to be fun and I hope you will join me. Purchase your affordable tickets here.
4. Scientology: Earlier this week, I broke down some of the myths and urban legends of Scientology. To follow up my article, head over to The Hollywood Reporter and find out why experts have labeled "Katie Holmes 'Biggest Nightmare' in Scientology History". It's a fascinating inside look at the religion/cult that strikes the fear in many.
5. Daily Grace: I think I have a bit of a girl crush on Grace Helbig from My Damn Channel. She's so darn quirky and weird in the most hilarious way. Let me know what you think of her amazing 4th of July song and the fact that she calls people, "Gorgeous Popsicles". I'm so hooked, I subscribed to her YouTube channel, I bet you will too.
Let me know what you are up to this weekend and be sure to follow my adventures on Instagram: @KristynBurtt or join me on Facebook where this week I posted my Happy 4th of July photo.....very typical pose for me or Tweet me, I tweet A LOT.
If you are on the East Coast, I will be on the Cocktails and Conversation show for a full hour beginning at 8AM ET (yep, 5AM PT, West Coasters!). We will be breaking down the TomKat fiasco and dishing on the latest entertainment news. Join me here. Happy Weekend, everyone!
Disclosure: The Stella & Dot cuff was gifted to me. All opinions are my own.