1. Magic Mike: Last Friday, I ended my work day with Matthew McConaughey and Channing Tatum. Not a bad day at the office. This is the second time I've interviewed Channing, but Matthew is equally as charming. In fact, while I was waiting to get miked up, this is how my conversation went with him:
McConaughey: "How was last night?" (In reference to the screening I attended.)
Me: "Well, I saw a lot of the two of you."
McConaughey: "Oh yeah?"
Me: "It was pretty awesome."
McConaughey: "So you liked it, didn't you?"
Ummm, yes, very much so. The movie is a bit darker than I expected, but if you are looking for a little male eye candy, go see Magic Mike. Here's my iVillage interview with them or read my Fanboy Comics article.
2. SYTYCD: We finally hit the Top 20 on this week's So You Think You Can Dance, and my co-hosts and I broke down the whole thing. This show needs to pick up the pace before I fall asleep. What happened to the fun? Is it just me or do you guys agree that it's a little slow this season. Listen here or watch below:
3. Thirst Project: You may remember my post about this from last year's gala, so I was thrilled to attend an even bigger celebration this year. This charity raises money to provide clean drinking water to communities all over the world because it is a human right. Can you imagine not having running water in your house? Well, this is a daily fight for so many. To learn more about the Thirst Project, click here. Here are a few photos from the evening and check out my 22-second red carpet interview.
Fellow M4 PR clients, Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt.
Thirst Project Founder and CEO, Seth Maxwell.
Lance Bass and Josh Sussman presenting an award.
What happens when you bid on a silent auction.....two years worth of body wash.
Being interviewed on the red carpet!
With the awesome Taryn Southern in the gifting suite......
4. Hyundai: I may retired from the road, but I certainly haven't retired from the auto industry. I was lucky enough to return to Hyundai to host another live stream for them. This show was only available to the Hyundai dealers across the US, but I have to say their CEO/President, John Krafcik, is pretty awesome. I witnessed him tweeting from the Hyundai account throughout the day, so if you ever tweet Hyundai and get a 'jfk' signature back.....yep, the CEO tweeted you back. Amazing.
Me with the Hyundai execs: President/CEO John Krafcik, VP Of Marketing, Steve Shannon, and Director, Sales Planning and Retail Operations Steve Flood.
5. Low Luv By Erin Wasson: I feel like Glamhouse's lines are becoming my summer favorites. This time it's a cuff by Low Luv by Erin Wasson. I am amping up my jewelry wardrobe with pieces like this and the incredible cuff from Ever Eden that I talked about last week because they are versatile and easy to wear. The Low Luv piece is asymmetrical so it fits comfortably on my wrist and the vintage coin details add an international feel to the cuff. To take a look at the line, click here.
Disclosure: This cuff was gifted to me by BWR PR. Retails for $145.