Michelle Williams with Nate Berkus in the background.
2. Leslie Fremar: She dresses Charlize Theron, Julianne Moore, Reese Witherspoon, and Scarlett Johansson. It looks like Scarlett hopped on over from Nicole Chavez to Leslie after last year's disastrous Oscars look. She also dressed a pregnant Reese Witherspoon for the Golden Globes and we certainly had no idea she was with child. Huge star client list, but I wasn't wowed by what I saw this season. Rank Last Year: 9
3. Petra Flannery: I think Petra is doing stellar work with her big It girl client, Emma Stone, but I couldn't figure out why she dressed Emma in a knock-off gown of the dress Nicole Kidman wore just 5 years before. The Balenciaga dress was iconic, so I am surprised they went that route. Flannery also dresses Claire Danes, Zoe Saldana, Mila Kunis, Megan Fox, and Faith Hill. Rank Last Year: 3
4. Elizabeth Stewart: Elizabeth had a big year dressing two nominees from The Help, Jessica Chastain and Viola Davis. Both looked stunning at the 84th Annual Academy Awards, so I would say her top 5 inclusion was warranted. She also dresses Julia Roberts, Jennifer Lawrence, Freida Pinto, Cate Blanchett, and Amanda Seyfried. Rank Last Year: 8
I love this gold Marchesa dress on Stacy Keibler.
6. Jen Rade: The leg heard around the world. Yep, this is the gal who put Angelina Jolie in that Atelier Versace dress with the slit up to there. I kept hearing rumors that Angelina was paid to wear the shoes and this was a great way to show them off. I couldn't find any confirmation of this, but it's a fun, fashion rumor. Rade also dresses Pink and Katherine McPhee. Rank Last Year: 4
7. Ryan Hastings: He helps create Rooney Mara's cool chic look and I thought she looked unbelievable at the Oscar Nominees Luncheon. He also dresses Robert Pattinson and Mia Wasikowska. Rank Last Year: N/A
8. Samantha McMillen: She dresses Carey Mulligan, Evan Rachel Wood, Dakota and Elle Fanning, Diane Lane, Colin Firth, Johnny Depp, Josh Brolin, and Ryan Reynolds. Rank Last Year: 24
9. Deb Waknin: Yes! This woman worked miracles on Sofia Vergara all awards show season. Vergara looked beautiful and sophisticated with her hour glass figure. She had a bit of a miss with an ill-fitting dress on Sandra Bullock at the Oscars, but Waknin's clients usually look flawless. She also dresses Halle Berry and Diane Keaton. Rank Last Year: 7
10. Cristina Ehrlich: Hmmm, I've been very critical in the past about Ehrlich's work with actress Amy Adams, but this year they got it right at the Vanity Fair party. So, I won't pass judgment this year. She also dresses Penelope Cruz, Amber Heard, Tina Fey, and Julianna Margulies. Rank Last Year: 6
11. Jeanne Yang: Oh, you know, she dresses minor stars like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Yes, they have the Holmes & Yang line together, but Yang also styles Andrew Garfield, Christian Bale, Mark Wahlberg, and Dustin Hoffman. That's quite a list! Rank Last Year: 10
12. L'Wren Scott: Not a busy year for her clients Nicole Kidman and Sarah Jessica Parker, but she's still strong enough to rank twelfth this year. Rank Last Year: 13
She's beautiful, but this look has been done before.
My personal photo of Gwyneth from the 84th Annual Academy Awards.
15. Cher Coulter: She is the IT stylist for the IT girls of Hollywood. Think Kate Bosworth, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Elizabeth Olsen, and Sienna Miller for fashion styling. She also partners with Bosworth for JewelMint. Rank Last Year: N/A
16. Leith Clark: Clark styles Kirsten Dunst and Kiera Knightley. Rank Last Year: 11
17. Jessica Paster: She styled Bridesmaids star, Ellie Kemper, for the Oscars. I thought she looked pretty, but it wasn't a "Wow". I expect more for the Oscars. Paster hasn't had that A-List clientele in a few years, but she's still powerful enough to rank on this list. Other clients include: Emily Blunt, Felicity Jones, and Andrea Riseborough. Rank Last Year: 14
18. Penny Lovell: Lovell deserves to be on this list after that divine Elie Saab Couture pantsuit that she dress Bridesmaids star, Rose Byrne in at the SAG Awards and then capped off the awards season with a Vivienne Westwood gown at the Oscars. Two wins for Byrne and Lovell. She also dresses Ginnifer Goodwin. Rank Last Year: N/A
19. Wendi and Nicole Ferreira: These sisters did a wonderful thing for the woman who won every award along the way, Octavia Spencer. They made a curvy girl look her best at every award show she attended this season. I wish Melissa McCarthy had taken a play from the Ferreira/Spencer playbook. They also dress Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, and Channing Tatum. Rank Last Year: N/A
Another personal photo from my spot on the red carpet.
21. Nicole Chavez: She styles Rachel Bilson, Kristen Bell, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Katherine Heigel. I love the work she does with Bilson. Enough said....and yes, I forgive you for Scarlett's Oscar dress last year. Rank Last Year: 20
22. Johnny Wujek: Okay, I get it, you are a rock star and need to go all out. So, he styles Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, and Kate Mara. I'm not a fan, but I don't dress like Katy Perry. Rank Last Year: N/A
23. George Kotsiopoulos: He's still styling stars like Janet McTeer and Alice Eve even though he helms E!'s Fashion Police alongside Joan Rivers, Kelly Osborne, and Giuliana Rancic. I loved what he did with Janet McTeer this year, she looked elegant and sophisticated at every event. Rank Last Year: 19
24. Arianne Phillips: She was an Oscar nominee for Costume Design on W.E. this year and she solely focuses on her client, Madonna. Eh, I respect the Oscar nomination the most. Rank Last Year: N/A
Love that navy blue tuxedo on Bradley Cooper. Photo courtesy of Just Jared.
There's the list for 2012 with all of my personal comments. Do you agree or disagree with the list or my thoughts on fashion? I would love to hear from you. Comment in the section below or join me on Twitter or Facebook.
To read The Hollywood Reporter article, click here.
To read my 2011 Top 25 Stylist post, click here.