Update: To read the 2012 Stylist edition, click here.
Photo Courtesy of Amanda Lyons
2. Kate Young: Natalie Portman's stylist all season long. I am not sure I agree with this because of the misguided Golden Globes dress, but the Rodarte dress at the Oscars was a winner. Also dresses: Alicia Keyes.
Kevork Djansezian, Getty Images
4. Jen Rade: Another controversial one in my book because she has big hits like Angelina Jolie, but big misses like The Office's Jenna Fischer. I love Jenna, but she never looks styled at any red carpet. In fact, I was surprised to hear she used a stylist, that's how ill-fitting her dresses look. I think this stylist/celeb pairing needs rethinking because Jenna deserves to shine like the beauty that she is. Also dresses: Pink, Cher.
5. Anna Bingemann: Dresses Claire Danes, Naomi Watts, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Tina Fey.
6. Cristina Ehrlich: Okay, we finally have the answer!! This is who dresses Amy Adams. This is another pairing that isn't working. Amy is stunning and I always feel like her dresses miss the mark or they are styled with the wrong jewelry like at the Oscars this year. Also dresses: Penelope Cruz, Julianne Hough, Kyra Sedgwick, Ashley Green, Julianna Margulies.
7. Deborah Waknin: Dresses Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock. (That's some A-list star wattage!)
8. Elizabeth Stewart: This one may be controversial for some of you, but Cate Blanchett looked amazing in person. The fault of the stylist on the Givenchy Couture dress is that it did not photograph well. That is also a part of their job to make sure it translates well live and on camera. Also dresses: Jennifer Lawrence, Amanda Seyfried, Kristin Davis, Viola Davis.
9. Leslie Fremar: Dresses Reese Witherspoon, Julianne Moore, Charlize Theron.
10. Jeanne Yang: Dresses Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, Christian Bale, and Melissa Leo (That Marc Bower dress at the Oscars was terrible and she will forever be the 2011 Oscar winner in that dress!)
11. Leith Clark: Dresses Michelle Williams, Keira Knightley.
12. Estee Stanley: Dresses Jessica Biel, Lea Michele. This is a good stylist for young Hollywood as she has done a great job with putting Lea on the fashion map.
Nicole Kidman at the 2011 Grammys.
14. Jessica Paster: She used to be THE stylist to go to before the Top 10 crop of stylists came forward and made their fashion mark. Dresses: Annette Bening, Emily Blunt.
15. Rob Zangardi and Mariel Haenn: Dresses Jennifer Lopez, Rachel McAdams, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith, and Rihanna. They've done a great job with J Lo's "comeback" on American Idol and giving her short dresses to showcase those Venus razor sponsored legs. She looks fabulous.
16. Maryam Malakpour: Dresses Heidi Klum, Courtney Cox, The Rolling Stones. (Yep, even old rock stars have a stylist.)
17. Tanya Gill: I was surprised to see Tanya this far down the list. She dressed a very polished Hillary Swank this year. Hillary's looks at the Oscars and the SAG Awards really hit the mark. They weren't fashion game changers, but they offered up a softer side of the perennially buff Swank. Also dresses: Jane Fonda, Kate Winslet.
18. Tiina Laakonen: Dresses Carey Mulligan. I think we will all be hearing more from this stylist in the next few years with a high profile client like Carey. She's definitely one to watch.
19. George Kotsiopoulos: You know him from E!'s Fashion Police. He dresses Freida Pinto, Kristen Stewart, Kerry Washington, Katy Perry, and Kathryn Bigelow. I expect him to be more of a TV personality versus a stylist with his new found TV fame.
20. Nicole Chavez: Yikes, she dressed Scarlett Johansson this year. That outfit was on trend with the lace, but it fit snugly in all of the wrong places. I was about two feet away from Scarlett on the red carpet at the Oscars and this beautiful actress with an incredible body did not look her best. Also dresses: Rachel Bilson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Katherine Heigel.
21. Annabel Tollman: Dresses Jessica Simpson, Cynthia Nixon, and formerly, Scarlett Johansson. (Go back to her, Scarlett!)
22. Brad Goreski: One of my personal faves from Bravo's The Rachel Zoe Project, but he's now on his own dressing Jessica Alba. Truth be told, I want the real skinny: Did Demi Moore defect to Brad?
23. June Ambrose: Dresses Diddy, Jay Z, Kelly Ripa, and Mariah Carey. (Eh. Do any of these celebs make an impressive fashion mark?)
24. Samantha McMillen: Dresses Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer.
Nicole Richie at the 2010 Oscars.
Well, there you have it, a fashion stylist bible all thanks to The Hollywood Reporter and a few added comments from me. I also tried to link as many of the stylists' websites for you to peruse, it is surprising how many stylists hide behind their agency's websites versus becoming a brand like Rachel Zoe. (But that is another topic for another day!) The Style Issue is dated March 18, 2011 if you want to pick up a copy of this week's edition with Rachel Zoe on the cover. I am keeping this one handy because we are going to need it with the next award season beginning in only 5 months. Yep, Emmys season is just around the corner. Be sure to comment below because I would love to hear your thoughts on some of these stylists and see if you agree with me or not.
To view my 2012 Top 25 Stylists article, click here.