1. Paris: I booked a job in Paris and I leave in 12 days! (I'll have more information on the job once I find out the company's social media policy.) I picked up my guidebook today and I'm getting ready to plan my leisure time in the city. If you have any suggestions outside of the usual tourist fare, let me know in the comments below. I love places that are off of the beaten track.
2. Powell's: I'm back in Portland again this summer and I have to tell you it warms my heart to see a city support a book store. While I picked up my Paris guidebook at the legendary Powell's Book, I noticed the rooms buzzing with people reading, browsing, and shopping. It's a good thing for the local economy and it's a good thing for BOOKS!
3. Broadway Beat: On Tuesdays, I will be covering the Broadway Beat on Dance Channel TV. This week might be one of my favorite postings, Newsies is coming to the stage! Please tell me I am not the only one who loves the film, Newsies? Click here to read the article.
4. Recycling: I know this isn't a sexy topic, but I love how Portland separates their recycling bins. These are the public bins and they have done a great job training the citizens on how to separate their trash. How did they do it? They started with the kids by putting them in the schools first and then slowly releasing them to other public buildings. Smart, right?
5. Quote: I was shopping after work today (Big shock there, right?) when I noticed a great quote on the side of Pioneer Place in downtown Portland. I think it is a great quote to start the weekend with and a great reminder to all of us......even if it did come from a mall.
Have a great weekend. I will see you back in LA on Monday!